Gynecomastia is a very common problem for men. Breast reduction or gynecomastia surgery for men can dramatically improve the chest’s appearance.
Dr. Evan Sorokin is a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring procedures. He uses liposuction to give south Philadelphia women and men the fit, firm look they desire. One of the most common reasons men come to see Dr. Sorokin is about “man boob” as it is often called.
Options for Gynecomastia Surgery
There are several procedures for this condition. Sometimes there is mostly fat excess and liposuction alone can create a dramatic appearance. More often there is a larger glandular component, or bud of breast tissue under the nipple which requires surgical excision. Sometimes both the gland needs to be removed and liposuction needs to be done at the same time. Finally, some men have loose hanging skin which needs to be excised and have the nipple repositioned with a breast lift. Dr. Sorokin will examine you and provide options for your best result based on your situation and physical exam.
Why Dr Sorokin for Your Gynecomastia Surgery
- Sorokin is a liposuction specialist performing laser, ultrasonic and power-assisted lipo.
- Sorokin owns all of these machines, and can therefore cater the procedure to your needs and not tell you why the machine he happens to have is best.
- Our patients are highly satisfied with their results.
- Sorokin and his staff are committed to your safety, comfort and satisfying results.
- His practice focus is breast and body contouring
To find out more about gynecomastia surgery, request a consultation with Dr. Sorokin at our office in Philadelphia or call 856-797-0202.
Gynecomastia can be caused by many things, which is why a medical examination is needed.
- Many medications can cause breasts to enlarge
- Being overweight can result in gynecomastia
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Marijuana use
- Anabolic steroids are notorious for this
- Tumors and medical conditions
What to expect
Surgery is performed under anesthesia in order to create a comfortable and safe experience. After surgery a compression vest is placed to assist in resolution of swelling which will be worn for several weeks after the procedure. Pain is minimal during recovery however swelling can take several months to resolve. The final result is not seen until many months later.