When diet and exercise just do not yield the result you desire sometimes surgery can be a great solution! Dr. Sorokin offers several options for body contouring for his Philadelphia patients. These advanced plastic surgery procedures target unwanted fat, loose muscles and sagging skin so that you can focus on your physical fitness goals and gain satisfaction with your overall appearance.
To get started, request a consultation today.
When you visit Dr. Evan Sorokin in New Jersey, your cosmetic surgery options will include the following types of procedures:
- Liposuction: Almost everyone has an area of their body where stubborn fat just won’t go away, most commonly in places such as hips, stomach, arms, or legs. Liposuction can help.
- VASER®: This liposuction machine uses ultrasonic energy to make fat removal easier, minimizing post-surgical bruising, bleeding and swelling and shortening total recovery time.
- Smartlipo™: Using laser energy, this treatment liquifies fat cells before they are suctioned out of the body for minimal downtime and treatment of smaller areas of fat.
- Tummy Tuck: Sometimes, even the healthiest individuals will see fat and loose skin develop and linger around their waistlines. For these patients, a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) can help them reach their target goals.
- Mommy Makeover: A Mommy Makeover is a combination of surgical procedures designed to restore the body and breasts to a youthful position, and can be customized to you.
- SculpSure: SculpSure is a non-invasive fat removal technique. A laser is used without surgery to target areas of unwanted fat. Approximately 20% of fat can be removed in a half hour session with very little discomfort. For some people this is a great option compared to surgery.
To find out how plastic surgery can enhance your appearance and revitalize your self esteem, request a consultation online with Dr. Sorokin at Delaware Valley Plastic Surgery in Cherry Hill or call us to schedule a consultation.
In addition to offering plastic surgery for the body, breasts, and face, Dr. Sorokin personally performs a variety of medical spa treatments like BOTOX® Cosmetic injections and injectable fillers.
Body Contouring FAQ
Is liposuction right for me?
Many women and men can benefit from liposuction after diet and exercise have failed to meet their goals. Liposuction is best for targeted fat removal and is not a treatment for obesity. Liposuction does not substitute for a healthy lifestyle, and patients with very high body mass indexes (BMI>30) are typically not liposuction candidates. Liposuction is not intended as a weight loss procedure, it is a contouring procedure best used for localized trouble areas.
In addition to traditional liposuction, power-assisted liposuction, and ultrasonic liposuction, Dr. Sorokin was the first surgeon to offer laser liposuction, SmartLipo™, in southern New Jersey. Healthy adults with stubborn fatty areas can benefit from one or more of these body contouring options. Smartlipo is great for small areas of fat while VASER is great for thicker, more fibrous areas, such as the male chest or love-handles. We have all of these technologies available and will explain best options based on your individual needs.
Will the results of liposuction be permanent?
Liposuction removes fat from your body, and those fat cells never come back. Liposuction, however, isn’t considered a weight-loss procedure. Fat cells that remain can still enlarge, so a healthy lifestyle is important. Patients who exercise regularly and have healthy eating habits will continue enjoying the results of liposuction for months and years.
How can I tell if I need a tummy tuck or liposuction?
During your consultation, Dr. Sorokin will conduct a physical examination to help determine the best procedure to meet your cosmetic goals. A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is the best choice for men and women with protruding abdomens caused by weak stomach muscles and excess skin and fat. Liposuction is an option for patients with toned skin but isolated pockets of fat. A tummy tuck actually repairs muscles and removes stretched skin and bulging fat while liposuction simply removes fat. Dr. Sorokin commonly performs both procedures together for appropriate patients, often as part of a Mommy Makeover.
What's the difference between a full tummy tuck and a mini-tummy tuck?
Tummy tuck surgery is designed to tighten abdominal muscles and remove loose skin, two issues that are common after pregnancy or any significant weight loss. The procedure addresses muscles and skin both above and below the belly button. In rare cases, only the muscle and skin below the belly button require tightening. In those limited situations, a mini-tummy tuck may be appropriate.
I'm thinking about having more children. Should I have a tummy tuck?
Although tummy tuck surgery won’t affect your pregnancy, you should consider postponing the procedure until you after finished having children. During surgery, your vertical abdominal muscles are tightened, and future pregnancies can separate those muscles. A good candidate for tummy tuck surgery is someone who is in good health and whose weight doesn’t fluctuate significantly. Men who have lost a lot of weight and have excess abdominal skin also benefit from tummy tuck surgery.