May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month! Melanoma is the most deady of skin cancers!
Signs to watch for with “spots” that indicate that they may be dangerous include:
- Asymmetry : lack of symmetry from one side to the other
- Borders : Irregular or jagged, not smooth
- Color : Colors that are not uniform
- Diameters : Larger than a pencil eraser
- Elevated : Raised surface or irregular surface
If you have any “spots” that look different call for an appointment with me or your dermatologist! You should do monthly skin checks just like monthly breast self exams!
Remember to wear your sunblock every day! 50% of UV Sun exposure occurs between the ages of 19-40 in the United States!
Be careful out there!